We are looking for a well-organised and self-motivated person to join the Business Support team, supporting the ‘Post-Adoption Support’ department for Adopt South West: a Regional Adoption Agency under the host authority of Devon County Council.
If you’re looking for a new exciting challenge and to further your experience and operational skills, Devon County Council offer a vibrant work place and attractive benefits. Enjoy Flexible working opportunities, a local government pension scheme, employee assistance programme and external Devon discounts!
Business Support provides a unified, comprehensive administrative and secretarial support service to Adopt South West. This is a business critical, front line service and a key priority for Adopt South West.
As part of the Business Support team, you will provide effective and efficient operational support to a comprehensive range of Adoption Service areas which can include the following:
- Front facing Operational Service staff e.g. Social Work Teams
- Managers and Senior Managers, across a range of Adopt South West Service areas
- Corporate business processes and service activities e.g. mobile phone, car hire, travel & accommodation arrangements
You will therefore need to have excellent communication, interpersonal and numerical skills. In addition, you will require the ability to deal professionally with sensitive and confidential information and possess excellent administrative and organisational skills to undertake tasks across the full range of business support activities.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work well in a team and within a busy, open-plan office environment
- Communicate effectively and Use initiative
- Input data accurately
- Effectively utilise technology and IT systems, including an understanding of Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to prioritise your workload
- Work to deadlines and well under pressure
- Produce work of a high standard
Work location will be based at one of the following office locations, dependant on the successful applicant:
- Midland House, Plymouth
- County Hall, Exeter
- Follaton House, Totnes
- Taw View, Barnstaple
- County Hall, Taunton
Apply here: Business Support – Adopt South West – Devon Jobs
All applications must be submitted by midnight on 09/05/2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
Information about Working for Devon.