Take the next step in your career
We have an exciting opportunity for Case Officers Bereavement to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Bereavement Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Salary: Grade 3, From £19,554 to £21,589 (pro rata)
Fixed term contract
What you can expect from us
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for
- The crematorium is looking to appoint two part time members of staff for the above mentioned position. The post offers interesting, varied work and rewarding duties.
- The successful applicant will work in the crematory, chapel and grounds; Monday to Friday with occasional evening and Saturday working.
- A good standard of education is required.
- Cremator technician qualification is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Main duties will include; operating the cremators (this will involve obtaining a certificate once trained), assisting funeral directors, officiants and those attending funerals, operating the Obitus music system and bearing duties. Other duties will include routine grounds maintenance work.
Please contact Paul Rayson, Specialist Bereavement Services on 01935 476718 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Closing Date: 23rd September 2019, 10am
Interview Date: TBC
Job Reference: 1792
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.