Commercial and Business Services
37 hours per week
Part of the Corporate Property Team delivering services for the management of the Councils extensive property portfolio. You will join a busy, dedicated and supportive team with aspirations for increased commerciality and portfolio management.
About the job
The Council has a programme for the maintenance of its property estate and seeks to maximise its investment in property against competing priorities. You will be required to conduct commercial negotiations on our behalf and provide clear and practical advice to senior officers and members as well as carrying out day to day activity including work connected with planned and cyclical maintenance, defect analysis, specification and report writing and providing professional support and guidance to colleagues
We are seeking a forward thinking, pragmatic, positive and driven Corporate Building Surveyor to join our professional team. You will have a broad and varied remit across a range of property types and will drive innovation in the way we support the health of our Estate. You will bring a range of experience and thinking to deliver further benefits to the way we manage our property estate.
For an informal discussion about the pot please contact Charlie Field, Estates Manager on 01823 355325.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=387
Job ref no: APP00317/AMB
Closing date: 24 January 2019