Economic & Community Infrastructure Commissioning
Economy and Planning
35 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract until September 2020
The Economic Development team is a busy team working on a range of projects and programmes across Somerset and the wider South West supporting economic growth in the region. The team works flexibly according to need and demand of individual projects.
About the job
The Economic Development team are currently looking for someone to support delivery of major digital infrastructure and workspace projects which will support residents and businesses locally and will ultimately lead to investment and job creation. The Economic Development team works flexibly according to need and you will be expected to contribute and support colleagues on a range of projects as and where necessary.
You will have good experience of building strong networks between the private and public sectors as well as being able to demonstrate a balance of written and verbal communication skills with excellent organisational strengths. Ideally you will have an appropriate degree or equivalent qualification and experience of continuing personal development and will be aware of the economic issues facing an area like Somerset as well as of the role of a local authority in stimulating economic development.
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Katriona Lovelock on 07977 401 921 or Amy Pettit on 07811 314 941.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.