37 hours per week
Salary: £25,295 – £28,785 per annum
Somerset County Council Children’s Commissioning Service are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Partnerships and Participation team to provide specific support to children and young people, who are in the care of our Children’s Services, to ensure that the voice of children and young people is heard, listened to and supported to participate.
About the job
You will work as part of a small and agile team committed to hearing the voice of children and young people in order to effect service improvement in Somerset County Council and our partners.
The role involves facilitating the Care Councils to meet monthly and take their views, plans and recommendations to the Somerset Corporate Parenting Board and its sub-groups. You will also be reasonable for maintaining attendance databases, website maintenance and other administrative tasks associated with this post.
You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in engagement and show respect and understanding for the views of children and young people. Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, along with experience of youth work delivery or experience of working in an associated field.
The role involves the transportation of children & young people and attendance at multi-agency meetings, therefore the ability to drive is essential.
If you are interested in finding out more before applying, please get in touch with Fiona Phur on 07811307699.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
This job requires a criminal background check (DBS) via the disclosure procedure.
Closing date: 25 July 2019