Start Date: 4th March
Frome College are now seeking to appoint Examination Invigilators to join their existing team. You will be required to provide efficient and effective invigilation supporting the work of the Examinations Department by supervising candidates in both internal and external examinations. Full training will be given.
Reporting to the Examinations Officer, Invigilator duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with setting up examination venues (arranging tables, laying out stationery – (please note – some stationery piles can be heavy), equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures
- To distribute and collect examination papers/scripts/materials from candidates
- To ensure that the Examination Room is conducive to examination conditions and minimise distractions
- To supervise the entry and exit of candidates to and from the Examination Room
- To ensure that examinations begin and end on time as scheduled
- To be vigilant during the examination, in order to prevent any cheating or malpractices
- To report any malpractices or problems to the Examinations Officer
- To complete General Administrative duties as directed by the Examinations Officer
- To deal with emergency situations e.g. student illness, fire alarm etc.
- To deal sensitively with candidates who have special arrangements
- To be familiar with and adhere to the Instructions for the Conduct of Examinations issued by the Joint Council for Qualifications
- To be available to work flexibly in ensuring that examination processes are completed at the end of each examination
- Any other reasonable duties designated by the Principal or Exams Officer
Hours of Work
Hours required are on an “as required” basis and are flexible between Monday and Friday from 8.30am until 3pm term time.
For full details of this position, together with the application process,
Please go to: www.fromecollege.org/about-us/vacancies
to download a Support Staff Application Form
Completed applications should be returned by post or by email to: email@example.com
Please note, for posts working with children and vulnerable adults, a full employment history is required on your application form including details of any gaps.
For more information or for an informal discussion, please contact David Morris on 01373 465353.
Closing date for applications: Wed 30th Jan (8am)
Interview dates: TBC
This post requires an enhanced criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure