Children’s ServicesSouth Somerset, Mendip and Taunton and West Somerset
37 hours per week
Salary: £21,074 to £23,866 per annum
The getset Service is part of Somerset County Council’s contribution to the Early Help landscape.
getset’s mission is to give children, young people and their families the best possible start in life. We recognise that the right help at the right time in the right place can make a big difference in the longer term, and aim to help families overcome small challenges before they become big ones. Key to our approach is to ensure families are able to help themselves and find their own solutions to problems; developing the resilience to deal with these problems effectively will also help them not become dependent on external services.
About the job
You will be part of an ambitious multi agency team, working alongside statutory and non-statutory partner agencies to ensure improved and sustainable outcomes for children, young people and parents/carers.
You will have
- A good understanding of the Think Family approach and the governments Troubled Families Programme.
- Some experience of working with children, young people & families in one to ones or group settings.
- An understanding of the skills required to engage, assess and plan to support the needs of children, young people and families.
- Understanding or have experience in multi – agency working to safeguard children and young people.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a broad range of IT skills with a minimum of GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English and a relevant Level 3 qualification.
To discuss the role further, you can get in contact with Sam Fahey, Operations Manager Prevention on 07977 411298.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=504
Closing date: 31 March 2019
This role requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.