Location: Somerset – South Somerset
Salary: £22,675 pa Full Time – 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for 30 years to vulnerable people across West Sussex, Hampshire, Dorset, Isle of Wight and Somerset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative Family IDVA to join our Domestic Violence and Abuse Services working in Somerset.
This is a new and exciting service working in partnership with Somerset County Council’s Children’s services.
Children’s Services have led on the development of a new approach to working with families through the Family Safeguarding Model. The model creates Family Safeguarding Teams who are multi-disciplinary and include professionals with specialisms in social work, domestic abuse, mental health and substance misuse who provide high quality support to families with complex needs as part of the Family Safeguarding approach.
This service will be co-located within Children’s Services teams, working with adults with ongoing or a history of domestic abuse to achieve their goals, live safely, free from violence and improve outcomes for the families, specifically in relation to their parenting ability.
The Family Safeguarding teams will operate in the Sedgemoor, South Somerset, Taunton and Mendip areas. Here is a short video re the family safeguarding teams – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2WMlCx8KTY&feature=youtu.be
The overall purpose of this role is to work with families, including survivors and perpetrators, where there is an ongoing history of domestic abuse to achieve their goals and improve outcomes for families. The skilled and experienced post holder will be dual located, primarily working as part of a multi agency team (Family Safeguarding Team – FST) sat within social care with agreed time located within the local DVA team. The post holder will be responsible for engaging the whole family, to complete needs led assessments, to design and deliver agreed interventions to safeguard adults and children and to broker additional support, where indicated. The post holder will be confident in their knowledge and responsible for raising awareness of and supporting others in the FST to understand the dynamics of domestic abuse and its impact on individuals and their children.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have relevant qualification or equivalent to Diploma/Degree/NVQ 4 or equivalent work level experience
- Have nationally recognised DVA qualification and the willingness to complete all YOU DVA training to IDVA level
- In-depth experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1:1 or group work basis
- Experience of working with perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Will be dual located, with their primary work taking place within the FSM team
- Will remain part of the DVA local team and ensure my DVA knowledge and links to that team are up to date
- Will work with people who are at high risk of homelessness, child protection and/or may be subject to legal proceedings
- Together we will develop individual safety plans that may form part of a wider family safety plan
- Will complete DASH RIC and refer to MARAC through the area DVA SPOC team.
- Will identify and deliver effective interventions to increase safety and reduce risk, and, where required broker a package of support with other organisations
- Will provide 1:1 support for people who harm others will be cognisant of the requirements of further specialist interventions where a whole family approach may increase risk, this will include areas such as persistent and prolific abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour that will impact on the positive achievements for that family
- As part of a ‘whole family’ approach, I will address the underlying behaviours and issues linked to people who harm others and where appropriate link a whole package of support with others in the FST
- Car driver with willingness to work across the county and to travel beyond occasionally for meetings and training
You will have an understanding and commitment to a wide range of values that underpin this work including being non-judgemental, person centred, trauma informed and gender responsive and be able to demonstrate these values to your team.
You will hold values that inspire a client led approach and be self-motivating, reflective and have a positive response to challenging situations.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please send a brief CV in the first instance so Jayne Hardy can assess your suitability for the post and she may then send a couple of additional questions for you to answer email@example.com
If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview.