Head of History
Mainscale plus TLR 2a
Start date: September 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
If you are a teacher and leader who is inspirational and enthusiastic, committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning and with the ability to lead the History department with drive, passion and ambition then we are keen for you to apply for the post of Head of History at Westfield Academy.
We are an 11-16 co-educational school, in Somerset, serving the town of Yeovil and the surrounding villages. Westfield is an oversubscribed and successful school with a good reputation. Student numbers are increasing and are set to continue to grow significantly over the next few years.
‘This school continues to be good’. (Ofsted, May 2018)
We can offer you:
- A committed and supportive leadership team, teaching and support staff
- A range of career development opportunities including induction and mentoring
- A stable and caring school community with well behaved, motivated and delightful students
- A school that is financially stable and well-managed
- A pleasant, green site with outstanding facilities
- An opportunity to live and work in a fantastic part of the country.
- A chromebook for each member of the teaching staff
We are looking for people with:
- A passion for learning and teaching and an ambition to develop their own practice
- The ability to inspire students to attain the highest possible outcomes
For further details please follow the links below and visit our website, www.westfieldacademy.co.uk or contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Lisa Jeffreys, tel: 01935 446851, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Monday 19 April 2021 at 12:00pm
Interviews will take place on Friday 23 April 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5:00pm on Monday 19 April 2021