ICT, County Hall, Taunton
37 hours per week
Somerset County Council is on a journey that is completely transforming the way it works, enabled by the latest technologies. We are well on our way to updating our technology estate by implementing a cloud first strategy and are looking for a strategic leader to continue to shape and enhance this journey.
Working closely with all areas of the business you will ensure that the aims and aspirations of the organisation align to the strategic vision for technology and digital transformation programmes, whilst at the same time introduce latest thinking and trends from across the technology market. We have an experienced and dedicated ICT team in place providing the full range of operational, transformational and development services to the organisation.
You will have an empowering approach that gets the very best out of people, as well as strong personal credibility. The ability to take people with you, and a tenacity to deliver the best service possible, will be what defines your track record to date. Building and sustain excellent senior relationships internally and externally will be critical as will be the ability to articulate and promote technology solutions to meet the needs of our diverse business.
Somerset is a brilliant place to live and work so please do take a look at our website for more information – http://www.somerset.gov.uk/jobs/working-and-living-in-somerset
Somerset County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of its employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
For an informal discussion about the role with Richard Williams, Commercial and Business Services Director, please contact Suzy Taylor on 01823 359028 to make an appointment.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and a 3 page supporting statement describing your suitability for the post and how you meet the person specification.
Please quote the reference number 10415/HC
Interviews: 8 September 2017