Leadership Scale L12 – L17 (£53,855 – £60,895)
To Start January 2021
The Wessex Learning Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Headteacher for Cheddar First School.
Cheddar First School is unique. The backdrop for the school is the natural phenomenon of Britain’s largest gorge, lying within the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and boasting Britain’s biggest underground river and highest inland limestone cliffs. There is a strong village community for those living and working in Cheddar and Cheddar First School is proud to be at the heart of this community. The school currently has 257 pupils on roll in the main school and 70 pupils registered at the preschool providing one continuous learning journey from 2 – 9 years old. The school joined the Wessex Learning Trust on 1 April 20200
The Wessex Learning Trust is committed to appointing an Executive Headteacher who has:
- Excellent leadership, management, communication and personal skills
- Drive and commitment to ensure the Academy continues its upward trajectory
- Track record as an outstanding teacher and leader
- Deep knowledge of teaching and learning
- Determination to ensure no learner is left behind and all learners reach their potential
- Good understanding of all aspects of the curriculum
- Experience and success within a leadership team
- Ability and desire to lead in all academic, pastoral and business matters
- Total commitment to ensure the safeguarding of all children
- Ability to lead and inspire colleagues
- A good sense of humour
If you are an existing Headteacher or a member of a successful leadership team with a proven track record of success, a strategic thinker with the skills, ability and passion to support young people to achieve and flourish within a superb Academy, we would be delighted to hear from you. For full details of this position, together with the application process, please visit our website:
www.wessexlearningtrust.co.uk / http://cheddarfirstschool.co.uk/
Completed application forms and letter of application should be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Wessex Learning Trust, Station Road, Cheddar, BS27 3AQ for the attention of Mrs F Prewett, HR Administrator.
Closing date for applications is Monday 14th September 2020 at 9.00 am
Interviews will be held over two days on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September 2020
(changes may be necessary due to COVID-19 restrictions).
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure