HEADTEACHER NOR 211 (4-11 years)
Group 2 L13-L18 Salary £55,201 – £62,426
Start: January (if possible) or Easter 2021
Following the resignation of the existing Headteacher, the governors wish to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and dynamic Headteacher to lead our outstanding school into the next stage of its development.
We are a one form entry village school set in a breathtakingly beautiful rural location near Glastonbury. You will lead a highly committed staff team who strive to educate and nurture our amazing pupils through our enriched curriculum. We are very proud of our enthusiastic children who take pride in their school and environment.
Ofsted July 2014 – ‘Outstanding in every aspect’ SIAMS June 2019 – ‘Excellent in all areas’
The successful candidate will:
- Provide inspirational and inclusive leadership of our valued team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop a clear set of aims and objectives for the future providing stability and direction to the school and achieving the highest standard of teaching and learning.
- Skilfully manage finances to maximise an increasingly overstretched budget without affecting pupil outcomes.
- Understand, value and continue to develop the strong Christian ethos of our school and promote high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievement.
- Nurture each child’s individuality through the continued development of a broad, enriching and creative curriculum.
- Be approachable and accessible to all staff, children, parents and the wider community.
We can offer you:
- A dedicated and motivated school team who are passionate about children’s learning and well-being.
- Enthusiastic, respectful pupils who engage positively in all aspects of school life.
- The support and commitment of our very strong Governing Body, parents and local Church community.
Like all schools we are adhering to strict COVID safety guidelines and whilst it is desirable to invite you to visit our school, this may only be possible after the school day. We have prepared a video to enable candidates to have a virtual tour around.
For further information and an application form please click Apply Now, telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The school is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice, pre-employment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure will be undertaken before any post is confirmed.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 1st November 2020
Interview dates: Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th November 2020
West Pennard CEVC Primary School, Church Lane, West Pennard, Glastonbury, BA6 8NT
Telephone 01458 832866