Westover Green Community School is a large, two form entry school situated in the town of Bridgwater. The integrated Autism Centre opened in 2018 and caters for 14 children. The centre has state of the art facilities.
The school is part of the Clevedon Learning Trust. The Trust was launched in January 2015. At present the CLT is formed of ten schools in two geographical areas; one secondary and four primary schools in Clevedon and five primary schools in Bridgwater. The CLT brings with it a new, innovative and student focussed approach to education within local communities. The CLT will provide high quality education and experiences for children and families. We will achieve this through our formal school partnership, using the most effective teaching and learning strategies, the best resources and facilities and the clearest progression routes for our children from the age of 0 to 18.
Required for September 2019
The Clevedon Learning Trust along with school Governors, staff, parents and pupils are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher to join the school.
We are looking for a strong leader to work within the supportive and innovative CLT to lead Westover Green forward to raise standards and provide a fully inclusive educational experience. The CLT has a strong school improvement record and promotes collaboration between schools to ensure the best possible experiences for pupils and staff.
- A supportive and motivated team of staff and governors.
- Well behaved, friendly and enthusiastic children.
- A highly inclusive school that develops all pupils’ talents in different ways.
- Opportunities to be involved in the CLT Learning Hubs – a unique approach to CSPD (Continuing Self Professional Development) with involvement in Leadership Forums, conferences, coaching, action research and innovation groups.
- Opportunity to wide reaching professional development through the MAT networks and links with other learning organisations nationally and internationally.
- Opportunity to be part of the Clevedon Teaching School and be involved in ITT, training and networks.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who:
- Is dynamic, motivational and has a proven track record of leadership and management.
- Leads by example and is able to inspire and motivate staff.
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community.
- Has excellent knowledge and understanding of current educational priorities and challenges, and how to deliver provision to provide a high quality education.
- Has the belief that every child can and will succeed and to provide the necessary experiences to make this happen.
- Has passion and commitment to work within the CLT and contribute to the development of the Trust.
- Has the desire to develop professionally and impact positively on the school community.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Suzanne Dean on 01278 422943 to discuss interview arrangements and visits (which are strongly encouraged).
An application form and further details are available from: email@example.com or by phoning 01278 422943.
Completed application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent to Heather Good, Director of Primary School Improvement, by post to the school address or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 31st January 2019
Interviews to take place on: Monday 11th February 2019
Westover Green Community School and the Clevedon Learning Trust are committed to the safeguarding of all children and staff and expect every member of the Trust community to share this commitment. All posts will be offered on the condition of an enhanced disclosure check.
Westover Green Community School and Autism Centre, Westover Green, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 7HB
CEO: John Wells