Headteacher just outside Yeovil, Somerset
Salary: L8 – L15 (£47,501 – £56,434) per annum
Contract type: Full-time/Permanent
Start date: September 2019
In preparation for the retirement of Mrs Hobbs after 12 years of outstanding leadership we are looking to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking and creative headteacher to build on our school’s achievements and embrace the future challenges to lead us to the next stage in our continuing development.
This is an exciting time at Chilthorne Domer Church School and we are seeking to appoint an experienced, innovative and collaborative leader, who will have the skills, drive, ambition and passion to take our school forward based on our Christian ethos.
We are a flourishing establishment where our children are excited to come to school and where they receive not only an excellent education from dedicated professionals but also the opportunity to follow their own interests and experience new things. A strong Christian ethos underpins the life and vision of the schools and is grounded in both the day to day life of the school and in the improvement plans.
We are looking for a new headteacher that will:
- have proven leadership skills, vision, enthusiasm and motivation to move us forward from Good to Outstanding.
- continually strive to raise standards and expectations having the necessary skills for diagnosing planning and implementing change.
- create and promote a culture of excellence among staff and pupils alike, where children are at the centre of first-rate learning opportunities.
- have a commitment to understand, value and develop the strong Christian ethos of our school and have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievement.
- have a strong belief that every child is unique and facilitate them in achieving their maximum potential including those with special educational needs and disability
- be a great communicator.
In return we can offer:
- an exciting opportunity to lead a positive and welcoming school
- friendly, confident and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- a highly professional and dedicated staff
- a committed Governing Body that will be supportive and an active PTFA.
- a well resourced school
- established links with the local parishes
- supportive relations with parents/carers and good links with the local church and community
Chilthorne Domer Church School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check. We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the Governing Body may take this into consideration during the recruitment process.
About Chilthorne Domer Church School
Our mission at Chilthorne Domer Church School is to share the love of learning.
We believe that children thrive in a secure, stimulating and creative environment. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring that every child reaches their full potential through an exciting and innovative curriculum supported by the highest teaching standards.
We celebrate all our children’s strengths, successes and talents so when they leave us at the end of year 6 they are confident, compassionate and independent young people ready to embrace all the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of them.
Chilthorne Domer is a rural village located within a beautiful area of Somerset overlooking the Somerset Levels but is still convenient for Yeovil, about 4 miles to the south, and only around 40 miles from the cities Exeter, Bath and Bristol.
If you would like to visit our school please contact the school office on Tel: 01935 840407 or email: email@example.com and they will happy to arrange a convenient date or if you would like an informal conversation about the post and the school please contact Richard, our chair of Governors, at RBlaney@educ.somerset.gov.uk who will happy to answer any questions.
For further information and an application form please click Apply Now, telephone our recruitment line on 0300 123 7365 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
For more information about this post please review the application pack.
Closing date for applications 1pm Monday 25th February 2019
Short listing: Friday 1st March 2019
Interviews: Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th March 2019
Chilthorne Domer Church School
Main Street, Chilthorne Domer, Yeovil, Somerset. BA22 8RD
Telephone: 01935 840 407