Full and Part time opportunities available
Salary: £40,760 per annum/pro rata
For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
We are looking to recruit passionate and committed children’s Social Workers with significant post qualifying and supervisory experience to join our team of Independent Safeguarding and Reviewing Officers. The Quality Assurance team chair both Children Looked After Reviews and Child Protection Conferences and are viewed as key to the continuing success of Somerset’s improvement journey.
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our journey, through audit and consultation, modelling best practice and challenging social workers and managers to be the best they can be. Using strengths and relationship based approaches, we are committed to ensuring the voice of the child is heard in decisions, and are looking for Social Workers who will champion best practice, promote participation and use their knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes for children. We have three full time equivalent vacancies and would welcome applications from people who want full-time and part time hours.
You will be joining a well-established, welcoming and stable team with carefully managed caseloads that allow for careful preparation before reviews and conferences as well as opportunities to support practice development across the service.
Feel free to get in touch if you want more information, you can contact Jane Sprague on 07824082102.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To view the job details and submit an application form or CV and Personal Information Form, please click Apply Now.
Closing date 5 July 2019
Interviews: 16 July 2019