Information & Data Exploitation Specialist
Based at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George, Exeter (Home based for a few months, then with some home based working considered thereafter)
Fixed-Term to 1 June 2022
22.2 hours per week
Grade 6: Salary £18,808 – 20,269 based on 22.2 hours per week.
Appointments are normally made at the bottom of the scale.
Closing date: 21 April 2021 at 23:59
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the large-scale digital transformation of the Fire Service. We are radically transforming the way the Fire Service operates with its technology to enable data driven decision making.
Working as part of the Information & Data Exploitation Team within the ICT Department, you will be responsible for reporting on, and advising others how, the data and information the Authority holds can be used to transform the way we work to keep our staff and the public safe.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Understanding of data and analysis across a broad range of subject areas such as, but not limited to
- Databases and querying them (SQL)
- Geospatial data and tooling (GIS)
- ETL process and tooling
- Understanding of data manipulation in languages such as Python
- Power BI, including its use within a Microsoft 365 environment
- An understanding of Data science and opportunities for its application in public sector
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to explain key concepts to individuals with varying levels of experience and understanding
- The ability to liaise and engage effectively with staff across the organisation
For further information, please contact Dan Cooper by email in the first instance email@example.com
Find out more and apply
Please see below the Job Description, Person Specification and the link to apply for this position. If you are interested in applying please provide evidence to cover each of the 7 areas numbered and underlined on the Person Specification, as this will provide the basis for shortlisting.
We do not accept CVs.
For more information and to apply please visit www.dsfire.gov.uk and click on the ‘Working for Us’ and ‘Vacancies’ tabs.