The Lodge, Taunton and Beechtrees, Wellington
Various hours available per week
Salary: £21,964 to £23,582 pro rata. Salary includes a one third enhancement for all hours worked between 10.00pm and 7.00am as a sleeping night. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. You will be paid an additional £1.59 per hour for each hour worked on Saturday and Sunday.
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic people to work at our home supporting children with disabilities and their families.
Our aim is to give them a fun and stimulating home from home experience whilst giving their families a break from caring. Everybody’s needs are different – all children have a learning disability with profound physical disabilities and complex medical health needs.
About the job
As a Waking Night Support Worker, you will provide nightly care delivery and support to individual young people in accordance with their individual support plans, whilst following Service policies, procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
You will already have some knowledge and understanding of residential work or some experience of working with children. However, we offer excellent training, Diploma for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce (QCF) Level 3, support, induction and additional training for specific medical procedures.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. To discuss the role further please contact Karen Hill, Registered Manager on 01823 354604.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=502
Closing date: 31 March 2019
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.