Salary:£29,636 to £33,799 per annum
37 hours per week
It is a great time to join us in Somerset!
We have changed the way we work to focus on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live.
We are doing things differently to put the person at the centre of everything we do and to look creatively at how we can meet people’s needs in a better way.
If you work for us we will give you the freedom to be innovative, to influence change and to really touch people’s lives – you can Do it your way.
About the job
We are currently looking for Occupational Therapists to join our Community team:
Community Occupational Therapist – As a strong team player you will be dedicated to supporting people at home to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. Working in the local community team alongside social care workers you will find creative solutions for a range of client groups. We have a formal programme of induction and CPD get you up and running in your new post, with ongoing support from a dedicated Learning & development team. We are constantly looking at new ways of working and there are exciting opportunities for those who wish to embrace the challenge!
For both of these posts we are looking for Occupational Therapists who are not afraid to do things differently to create support that is better for people.
You will need to be:
- A qualified Occupational Therapist who is HCPC registered
- Motivated and passionate
- Forward thinking
- Able to make things happen
- Full of new ideas
- Able to work at pace
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, before applying, please get in touch with Maura Noone on MNoone@somerset.gov.uk
What we’ll offer in return
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Closing Date: 23 September 2019