32.5 hours per week – term time only
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Office Manager to join us at St Mary’s C of E Primary School, Bridgwater. Under the guidance of the School Business Manager, you will lead, motivate and inspire our admin team to deliver exceptional customer service for students, staff and visitors. The successful candidate will be well-organised, flexible and have proven skills in managing a team, together with excellent interpersonal skills.
The role offers variety, challenge and responsibility. The position would suit someone who is able to multi-task and work accurately and efficiently under pressure in a fast changing environment. There is also the opportunity for the successful candidate to be Clerk to the Board of Governors for an additional 3 hours per week.
The Office Manager will:
- Be responsible for the daily running of the school office
- Manage the administrative and finance functions within the school
- Provide high quality professional administrative support to the Headteacher, teachers and the Board of Governors
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be a supportive and efficient communicator with colleagues at all levels: parents and children
- Manage a small team to ensure that tasks are completed and prioritised as necessary
- Ensure that the office offers a welcoming environment for parents, visitors, staff and pupils
- Good knowledge of IT packages and systems ~ Word, Excel, SIMS
- Understanding of the school ethos and values
- Finance/Budget management
- Exceptional standards of English, both written and verbal
- Listening skills
- Analytical thinking
If you already work in a school environment but want to extend your experience, or if you would like to move into this area of work and have relevant experience in these areas, we would love to hear from you.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all its children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. Candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of an enhanced DBS.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Further information and an application form can be found on our website at: http://www.stmarysbridgwater.co.uk/vacancies/
Please apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: Tuesday 8th October 2019
NOR: 447 Age Range 2-11
Tel: 01278 422691