The Bridge School, Sedgemoor is one of four Pupil Referral Units commissioned by Somerset County Council and Somerset schools. We provide services through a number of centres for students who have a range of social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs. All students are referred through their mainstream schools in the Sedgemoor area.
We are looking for well qualified and experienced people to join our team and work within our multi-site school in the Bridgwater area. Ideally you should have experience working with young people who may have significant gaps in their education to help them re-engage in their learning.
We are committed to offering our staff a high quality induction, performance management and opportunities for professional development.
If you feel you have what it takes to work with us to achieve the very best for our students we would very much like to hear from you.
Enquiries and visits are welcomed, please call 01278 456243 to arrange an appointment.
The Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts require a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Please apply online
Parent & Family Support Advisor (PFSA)
Fixed term to 31 August 2021, 37 hours per week, term time plus INSET
Start date: September 2020
Salary Grade 12, (range) £21,589 – £24,799
Pro-rata actual salary (range) £18,651 – £21,424
We are looking for a PFSA who:
- Is an experienced, reflective practitioner with backgrounds from either education, early help, social care or the voluntary sector
- Is resilient and dependable and is committed to high quality support for young people
- Is organised and hard working – willing and able to go the extra mile
- Have a commitment to transforming the lives of young people and their families to overcome the social, cultural and economic barriers to learning
- Have the ability to be creative and innovative in supporting young people and their families, often in challenging circumstances
- Is able to work collaboratively as part of the wider staff team
As a Parent and Family Support Adviser, you will provide continuity of support through transitions and beyond to those young people who are unable to attend school and who have been referred or are on roll at our school. You will also develop and provide knowledge of family services available in the local community and signpost to available support.
Closing date: Monday 15 June 2020 Midday
Interview date: Wednesday 24 June 2020
For more information, please contact Sue Pring
Tel: 01278 456243