Economic & Community Infrastructure Operations
15 hours per week
Salary: £6,792 – £7,050 per annum
Relief Passenger Assistant
£8,68 per hour
There are also relief opportunities available. Relief work patterns vary depending on the need and how much you wish to work.
Transporting Somerset requires a Passenger Assistant to work as part of the Fleet Operations Team in the Yeovil area
About the Job
Are you kind, versatile, flexible, able to get on well with people, and have previous experience of caring for people?
If this sounds like you, would you like to be part of our South Somerset Transport Team, working in the Yeovil area, accompanying people with disabilities to and from their homes, mainly on minibuses, and assisting with their needs on the vehicles? You would have contact with parents, carers and others who provide services, so good communication between these people are crucial.
Feel free to get in touch if you want more information, by contacting Lisa Bentley on 01935 470838 or 07976699544.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To view the job details and submit an application form, please click Apply Now.
CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Job ref no: 10936/AMB
Closing date: 24 January 2019