Children and Families Operations
37 hours per week
Salary: £33,799 to £37,849 per annum
For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
Do you have a passion for driving excellent care to children and young people? Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity?
YES – then this is the role for you.
Beechtrees Children’s Home is one of 3 Somerset County Council children’s homes with an excellent reputation for providing high quality and tailored packages of care for young people.
As part of Children’s Social Care in Somerset our Residential Short Break service focuses on promoting independence, social inclusion, choice and individual support to children and young people with learning disabilities and emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our innovative team to be the Registered Manager and be responsible for one of our Somerset County Council Short breaks homes for children with disabilities. You will lead and develop our fantastic team of staff within the Home and work with colleagues and other agencies to secure the best outcomes for our young people.
You will hold a QCF Level 5 or equivalent and have substantial experience and knowledge in working in a care setting within a management role and take pride in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our young people and staff. You will enjoy motivating a team and thrive to get the best from them to promote excellent quality of care.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
For further information about this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact:
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Closing date: 26 August 2019
Job ref: SCC00726SR
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.