We have roles across our three homes in Taunton, Wellington, and Curry Rivel
Part time and full time hours available
Salary: £18,672 to £20,541 per annum/pro rata
As part of Children’s Social Care in Somerset our Residential Short Break service focuses on promoting independence, social inclusion, choice and individual support to children and young people with learning disabilities and complex needs.
About the job
This a very important and rewarding role. You will be working with children and young people in our home in Wellington and be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, including providing personal care, emotional support and assistance with routine tasks.
We need people who are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible, with experience in caring services and able to plan and manage shifts. You will enjoy working with a variety of people and understand the importance of communicating with others and promoting rights and choices. You will either hold a Level 3 Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People or be ready to work towards this. You will need the ability to work flexibly on a rota basis which includes evenings, some weekends and sleep-ins. If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss these opportunities please call Karen Hill, Registered Manager for The Lodge and Beechtrees on 01823 665787, or Tammie Rose Registered Manager for The Elms on 01458 251207.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=500
Closing date: 31 March 2019