A bit about us
Somerset County Council have an exciting opportunity for a Responsible Individual to join a forward thinking, passionate and innovative team. You will be responsible for Somerset County Council’s three specialist homes for disabled children, providing leadership to the Registered Managers and leading in the operational development of the service.
Here at Somerset County Council we are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work that they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, along with a very supportive management team.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Key purpose of the role….
You will be part of a strong and ambitious Children’s social care leadership team, where the goal is to support families to ensure children have the best opportunities to grow and develop their potential.
You will be involved in a full range of day to day management and strategic activities including priority setting, conflict resolution and service communication. Therefore, we are seeking an individual who has strong experience in all these areas coupled with advanced communication skills.
Our Children’s homes are in Wellington, Taunton and Curry Rivel therefore the base location of this role can be flexible to accommodate the successful candidate.
You don’t need a degree for this post, you just need great experience.
A few things about you
You must have a thorough understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and the Guide to the Children’s Homes Regulations including the Quality Standards 2015 and how to relate these to practice to ensure that our staff are providing the best care possible to our children we support.
- Develop respite care and outreach support through working with existing partners and building links with other partners and agencies as appropriate.
- To monitor care plans and placement plans, activities and community involvement, and provide oversight of individual care planning for all young people looked after in all Homes designated to you.
- To ensure that young people’s needs are met through a strong emphasis on communication and participation.
- To provide regular formal and informal supervision and management of managers, encouraging professional development, completing and identifying training and staff development needs to ensure objectives are met.
- To provide effective leadership, management support and guidance to operational Registered Managers in the development of the Children’s Homes.
You will need to be able to travel across the county.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Claire Winter Deputy Director, Children’s Services: email@example.com
Due to the importance of the role we recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response we anticipate conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
Interviews will be taking place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.