Taunton, with county wide travel
18.5 hours per week
Salary: £46,122 pro rata
For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Children’s Homes Service Manager, to join an innovative team and be responsible for Somerset County Council’s 3 Homes for disabled children, providing leadership to the Registered Managers and to lead in the operational development of the service.
You will be part of a strong and ambitious Children’s social care leadership team, that is determined to support families well and to ensure that children have the best opportunities to develop their potential.
For an informal discussion please contact Claire Winter, Deputy Director, Children’s Services on 01823 359019.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=686
Closing date: 28 May 2019
Job ref: SCC00552JH