34 hours per week (8:15am – 3:30pm daily with half hour lunch break)
38 working weeks, term time only
Required as soon as possible
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with an autistic child in our Autism Centre. This will involve working with the child both in the Autism Centre and the classroom. Experience of working with children with ASD would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working with children.
- Have an enthusiastic outlook to team working and developing positive outcomes for children.
- Have good behaviour management.
- Have a good level of English, Mathematics and Computing Skills.
- Hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 3
The school has a commitment to safeguarding children, and has a culture of vigilance to support this. The post holder will be required to undergo a disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau before taking up employment.
Visits are welcome. Please contact the school to request an application pack
Closing date for applications – Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews – Thursday 7th February 2019
Westover Green Community School Westover Green, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 7HB
Executive Headteacher: Heather Good Head of School: Richard Rosslyn
Telephone: 01278 422943 Fax: 01278 446003 E-mail: email@example.com