All Saints Church School is a 7 class primary school set in delightful surroundings, three miles northwest of Yeovil.
Temporary in the first instance until 31/08/2019
28 hours 45 minutes per week
(Monday – Friday 8.45am – 12.05pm & 12.35pm – 3.15pm) term time only
We are looking for the successful applicant to:
- have a minimum of BSL level 2 and a willingness to continue updating signing knowledge as required for supporting interpretation of lessons;
- have knowledge and experience or a willingness to learn how to adapt lessons to meet the needs of an individual who learns through BSL and visual aids;
- be willing to learn how to monitor the function and use of pupil’s hearing aids and other assistive equipment;
- support and direct literacy and numeracy tasks, clarifying and explaining instructions, contributing to the modification and differentiation of materials;
- be flexible and adaptable, meeting new challenges within the classroom setting with a positive attitude;
- contribute to and assist in the development and monitoring of systems for review and recording of pupil’s progress;
- manage time well;
- be willing and flexible to take on other duties or tasks that the school requires.
We can offer:
- a strong Christian ethos;
- a hard-working and committed team of staff;
- well behaved, friendly and responsive children;
- parents who are supportive of their children’s needs;
- ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities.
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells MAT include; a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
The Bath & Wells MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Candidates are invited to contact the school and arrange to visit and meet with the SENDCo or Headteacher. If you would like to arrange this please book an appointment with the school office via phone by calling 01935 826626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent to the school office by post or email to the School Business Manager – Julie.Adams@allsaints.bwmat.org
Closing date: January 30th 2019
Interviews week commencing February 4th 2019 (This post will commence as soon as possible)