Bridgwater College Academy is a Government funded school for 3 to 16 year olds in Bridgwater.
Full-time and permanent
Qualified Teacher’s Pay Scale
Starting September 2021
Bridgwater College Academy is looking for a SEND teacher to work within their specialist autism resource base from September 2021. The Polden Centre is a vibrant and creative specialist ASC provision, aiming to prepare and enable students to succeed in mainstream provision. As part of our planned expansion, we are keen to employ an enthusiastic, flexible and inclusive practitioner as part of the team.
Primary experienced colleagues, as well as secondary, are encouraged to apply for this position.
Previous experience in a specialist provision is not essential, but an interest in developing skills that enhance inclusivity, is.
As a special educational needs (SEND) teacher you will plan and deliver personalised curriculums to ensure students reach their full potential. The students in the Polden Centre all have EHCPs with a diagnosis of autism or social communication and sensory needs.
We are looking for someone who:
- is committed to inclusion and enthusiastic about working with students with SEND
- has the skills to work collaboratively within a team
- can build positive relationships with students and parents;
- is highly motivated and willing to embrace or bring new ideas to the Centre;
- is committed to developing their own skills.
If you decide to join our team then we can offer:
- a nurturing, inclusive specialist environment
- support from a strong and supportive team of professionals;
- an academy with high aspirations for all of its students and staff;
For more information on this role and a discussion about what it entails, please contact: Head of Centre – Sarah Wharton – in the first instance on firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details and an application pack for this position, please visit the ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Key Information’ section on our website: www.bridgwatercollegeacademy.org
Please indicate which Job Reference Number you are applying for on the application form.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 10th May 2021
Bridgwater College Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share its commitment. Our mission is that all children achieve. A criminal disclosure check will be requested for any applicant who is offered a position.