Salary: £21,589 to £24,799 pa
Working Pattern: Full Time
A job share may be considered for this role.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support (Sendias).
Somerset Sendias is a free, impartial service to provide parents, carers and young people with Information, Advice and Support (IAS). This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with parents and families to support children and young people with SenD.
About the job
Based at The Hollies Children’s Centre, South Street, Taunton but covering the Taunton and West Somerset area, the role is to work directly with children, young people, their parents/carers, the Local Authority and other agencies to ensure all families have full access to Information, Advice and Support about legislation relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including Education, Health and Care Assessments and Plans.
As an Area Coordinator, you will advise and support parents through the Send, Education, Health and Care plan and Sendist Tribunal processes. You will also be trained and provide a sound knowledge of SenD legislation.
We need people who
- are experienced, reflective practitioners with backgrounds who have direct experience of working with families
- have a commitment to supporting young people and their families to overcome the social, cultural and economic barriers with regard to SenD
- have a flexible approach and are able to meet deadlines
- have the ability to be creative and innovative in supporting young people and their families, often in challenging circumstances.
You should be a person who is able to:
- Develop good rapport and working relationships with children, parents/carers, Local Authority officers, schools, academies, other professionals and agencies
- Achieve positive outcomes through effective communication and influencing skills
- Empower children, young people and parents/carers to enable them to have their voices heard and be able to present their views.
- Problem solve, use your initiative and work autonomously.
The Sendias Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must have a full valid driving licence and have access to a car for work. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For further details or an informal discussion once you have downloaded the job description please contact:
Helen Mayne -Somerset Sendias Manager – 07775027442
This post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure (DBS).