Children and Families Operations West
Yeovil, Taunton, Bridgwater, Shepton Mallet
37 hours per week
Salary: £29,636 to £33,799 per annum
For SC&M jobs: For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
About the job
We are looking for Social Workers who are passionate and enthusiastic to join us in improving outcomes for our most vulnerable young people within the Children Looked After (CLA) service. We have come a long way in our improvement journey; join us as we strive to provide a gold star service for all children and young people.
We can offer you
- Small supportive teams to progress your career
- Strengths and relationship-based approach to underpin your work
- Regular high-quality systemic supervision
- Flexible working and trust in your professional autonomy
Permanence is our passion for those children that need it the most; promoting positive outcomes for children both educationally and socially with reconnection for all families wherever possible.
Working in CLA you will have the opportunity to support profound changes to a child’s life, building long term relationships to see them through their journey.
Extensive training and development opportunities are supported by weekly CPD, on-site Consultant Social Worker support, pod working, and Advanced Social Work Practitioner (AP) Programme with role specialism. The AP salary scale is £33,799 – £37,849.
Our offices in South Somerset are based on the outskirts of Yeovil just 10 minutes from the A303 with plentiful parking on site. We are just 40 minutes’ drive from Taunton, the county town of Somerset, 30 minutes’ Dorchester and 45 minutes’ from the Jurassic Coast. There are good railway links to London, and options of town and some beautiful village living.
Please contact Richard Sprott (07976) 611458 or Victoria Rymell (07977) 413849 to talk about roles in the South of the County and arrange to visit us or attend one of our Try Before you Apply events. We would love to meet you.
Our Sedgemoor hub is in the centre of Bridgwater town with designated parking nearby. Close to M5 and arterial routes to other major towns; 20 minutes by train to Bristol and nestled at the foot of the Quantock Hills. For more information about the area and the role please contact Nicola Wrigley (07788) 350815 or Gregg Liddington (07880) 179004- feel free to come and meet us in Sedgemoor or you can attend one of our Try Before you Apply events – We are excited about inviting new people to our team.
Progressive, improving and innovative we offer competitive salaries and up to an £8k relocation allowance. Discover more Benefits of working for Somerset County Council here.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Closing date: 6 September 2019
Job ref: SCC00664HC
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.