Salary:£29,636 to £33,799 per annum
37 hours per week
It is an exciting time to join Somerset.
We have changed the way we work to focus on promoting independence for everyone – so that people can do the things that matter most to them and live the life they want to live.
We are doing things differently to put the person at the centre of everything we do and to look creatively at how we can meet people’s needs in a better way.
If you work for us we will give you the freedom to be innovative, to influence change and to really touch people’s lives – you can Do it your way.
About the job
If you are looking for a new role to get your teeth in to that is exciting, fast paced and will springboard your career, join us in Somerset.
You’ll be working with people and families to help them stay independent for longer in local communities. You will develop great knowledge of your local area, work in partnership with local agencies and provide helpful advice and creative solutions to people at local drop-ins and in assessments.
As a Social Worker in Somerset you will be innovative, creative and solution focused to support people to be independent.
You will provide really useful information and advice to people and their families. You will have conversations with people to identify what they are worried about or what they want to achieve, what support they already have and what they need. You will advise them on the best local services and solutions to suit the person’s needs. It is your role to encourage people to be independent, to help them grow their confidence and make the most of the support available in their local community.
You will make connections in the area that you are based and you will work in partnership with local organisations to achieve the best outcomes for local people.
You will influence the development of the adult social care service, you will bring your ideas to the table and you will be encouraged to make improvements to ways of working.
We are looking for Social Workers who are not afraid to do things differently to create support that is better for people.
- You will need to be:
- A qualified Social Worker who is HCPC registered
- Motivated and passionate
- Forward thinking
- Able to make things happen
- Full of new ideas
- Able to work at pace
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, before applying, please get in touch with Maura Noone on MNoone@somerset.gov.uk.
What we’ll offer in return
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Closing Date: 23 September 2019