A bit about us
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker within our new Family Drug and Alcohol Court Team. The Family Drug and Alcohol Court (FDAC) is a therapeutic problem-solving court model, which offers an alternative to standard care proceedings where drug and alcohol misuse is a key contributing factor. FDAC provides a problem solving and restorative approach to care proceedings, which aims to improve the outcomes for families by helping parents change the lifestyles that have put their children at risk of harm. We are proud to be launching this new way of working and investing in our children and their families.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will work closely with the Judiciary as part of a specialist multidisciplinary team providing an accessible community-based assessment and intervention service for high needs families with a history of substance misuse.
The FDAC team are a countywide service and you will be working with families across Somerset.
A few things about you
You will be passionate about relationship-based social work, proud of your profession and able to reflect and think creatively about how you can build relationships to make a difference to children and families.
You will need to be a qualified social worker registered with Social Work England and have substantial experience working with children and families in social work.
- Establish a constructive working relationship with a range of different service users, considering their needs and rights.
- Undertake comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessments with families to identify the needs of the children, young people and parents.
- Plan programmes of work to meet the needs of individual service users, adhering to effective safeguarding practice.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team (on an individual and group work basis) to deliver interventions to meet the identified needs of children, families, parents and carers.
- Involve service users in planning, decision making and evaluation and promote the participation of children and young people.
- Deliver services in line with equal opportunities practices. Pay due and professional attention to issues of diversity.
- Contribute to the evaluation of services in order to develop models of good practice and maintain professional practice standards in line with established social work best practice.
The FDAC team are due to be based in Taunton. As Taunton is the county town, transport links are great, with easy access to the M5, less than two hours by train to London and 40 minutes’ drive in each direction to Bristol and Exeter.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, using Microsoft Teams.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, using Microsoft Teams and are likely to be held on 10th December 2020.
For an informal chat about roles within FDAC please email Maria Hargreaves: MHargreaves@somerset.gov.uk or call: 07818529167.
Due to the importance of the role we recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we anticipate conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.