Salary: £29,636 – £33,799 pa
Working Pattern: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 09-Aug-2020
A bit about us
We are looking for a Fostering Supervising Social Worker based in East Somerset (your base could be Shepton Mallet or Yeovil).
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The job involves the supervision, support, training and review of foster carers, working closely with the team around the child.
You will be part of a very experienced, friendly and supportive team who use research in practice to support Foster Carers in working therapeutically with children and young people
A few things about you
- need to be adaptable and be able to use your initiative, working independently yet also as part of the team.
- need to be able to travel widely across Somerset.
- have proven post qualifying experience in child care social work
- need to have a sound knowledge of child development and an understanding of working with families caring for other people’s children in often challenging situations.
For further information about this role, or for an informal discussion, please contact Annie Metcalfe, Team Manager, on 07976 693308.
Due to COVID-19, all interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over Skype.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.