An ethical, successful and aspiring independent fostering agency is looking for an experienced supervising social worker to join their small and enthusiastic team based within the Wiltshire/Somerset region.
They have a consistently outstanding track record with their Ofsted inspections and always strive to improve their child focused service. Offering a varied and wide array of opportunities to the right candidate.
Ideally the candidate will need to have prior experience working as a supervising social worker in either a Local Authority or IFA and be fully conversant in all relevant fostering legislation. Capable of carrying a below average and fully protected case load of foster carers and offering full supervision and support. They will also need to have the ability to carry out BAAF Form F assessments and work well with a number of different professionals from other agencies.
This role suits a social worker who has a caring and therapeutic approach and remains passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children.
Brief role / responsibilities:
- Recruitment, training and supervision of Foster Carers
- Undertaking Form F Assessments as required
- Managing a varied but reduced caseload of complex cases
- Contributing to the development of safer caring practice and safeguarding of all children/young people
- Panel support and attendance
- Working therapeutically with children/young people, including overseeing therapeutic plans and providing a trauma recovery approach
- To form part of the multidisciplinary team and work effectively alongside Social Workers, teachers, support workers and a diverse Clinical Team
The candidate will need to be a car owner / driver, be a qualified social worker and HCPC registered.
You will have ideally worked within a Local Authority Looked After Children’s team as well direct fostering team experience as part of an IFA or Local Authority team.
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 dependent on experience
Apply by sending CV to firstname.lastname@example.org