Children and Families Operations West
Taunton, Wellington & Curry Rivel
Salary: £9.55 per hour
plus an additional £1.62 per hour for each hour worked on Saturdays and Sundays and £36.08 will be paid for each sleep-in where applicable.
As part of Children’s Social Care in Somerset our Residential Short Break service focuses on promoting independence, social inclusion, choice and individual support to children and young people with learning disabilities and complex needs.
About the job
This a very important and rewarding role.
You will be working with children and young people in our home and be involved in supporting them in all aspects of their life, including providing personal care, emotional support and assistance with routine tasks.
We need people who are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible, with experience in caring services and able to plan and manage shifts.
You will enjoy working with a variety of people and understand the importance of communicating with others and promoting rights and choices.
Ideally you’ll hold a Level 3 Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People although this isn’t essential.
You will be able to work flexibly across the 3 different homes covering shifts of earlies, late shifts and sleep-ins.
You will have the ability and willingness to drive a vehicle, possibly a mini bus, if necessary, adjustments can be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our teams, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss these opportunities please call:
Tammie Rose, Registered Manager on 01458 251207 or
Karen Hill, Registered Manager on 01823 354604.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Closing date: 24 September 2019
Job ref: SCC00805SR
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.