Permanent, Full-time from September 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and forward thinking practitioner of Art and Textiles with a passion for their subject to join our outstanding team with effect from 1 September 2020. Our ideal candidate will have a Textiles background and be able to offer GCSE Textile Design and GCSE Art. Art and Design is at the heart of Haygrove School, so if you are a talented and dynamic individual with the ability to inspire the next generation of Artists and possess a drive to ensuring students reach their potential, and if you can make a significant contribution to our successful Art & DT Departments, then we’d love to hear from you.
We especially welcome applications from NQT colleagues as well as experienced teachers.
We are an over-subscribed 11-16 mixed school in the beautiful county of Somerset with a reputation for excellent academic results, good standards of behaviour and a caring and inclusive environment.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016, our outstanding GCSE results are amongst the best in the county with 76% achieving grade 9-4 in English and 73% achieving grade 9-4 in Maths.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. As a multi-academy trust we are well positioned to recruit and develop high quality teachers who aspire to be expert practitioners working across a trust and potentially taking on leadership responsibilities. We work closely with several higher education establishments in the South West and local teaching alliances in order to ensure top quality training opportunities and accredited courses, in addition to our annual in-house programme of personalised training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a creative and dynamic teacher with the ability to contribute to the development of the English Curriculum
- Be a highly motivated individual with commitment and a vision for excellence
- Have the ability to deliver engaging lessons, inspire students and build excellent relationships
- Be committed to continuous improvement and the development of Quantock Education Trust
- Be committed to the ethos, values and vision of the Trust
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious in continually improving teaching and learning
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious about own career development
In return, Quantock Education Trust can offer you:
- A personalised professional development programme
- An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other
- A caring ethos that inspires success for all
- Well motivated and enthusiastic learners
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A full programme of induction and support for new staff
- A culture of high expectation and professional standards
For an application pack, please go to: https://www.haygroveschool.co.uk/about-us/vacancies.htm
Closing date: noon on 17 April 2020
Interviews: 27 April 2020
Early applications are strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate before the above dates.
The Quantock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Quantock Education Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This post is subject to relevant DBS checks, Right to Work in the UK and other pre-employment checks