full-time from May 2021 (or September 2021). Qualified Teachers’ pay scale
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational Teacher of Geography with a passion for their subject to join our dedicated department. You will be determined to make a significant contribution to our highly successful Geography department in addition to a strong all-round contribution to the ethos of the school.
As well as experienced teachers, we would especially welcome applications from NQT colleagues looking to start their teaching careers from September 2021.
We are an over-subscribed 11-16 mixed school in the beautiful county of Somerset with a reputation for excellent academic results, good standards of behaviour and a caring and inclusive environment.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016, our outstanding GCSE results are amongst the best in the county with 76% achieving grade 9-4 in English and 74% achieving grade 9-4 in Maths in 2019.
As a multi-academy trust and teaching school, we are well positioned to recruit and develop high quality teachers who aspire to be expert practitioners working across a trust and potentially taking on leadership responsibilities. We work closely with several higher education establishments in the South West and local teaching alliances in order to ensure top quality training opportunities and accredited courses, in addition to our annual in-house programme of personalised training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated individual with commitment and a vision for excellence
- Have the ability to engage and inspire students and build excellent relationships
- Be committed to continuous improvement and the development of the Quantock Education Trust
- Be committed to the ethos, values and vision of the Quantock Education Trust
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious in continually improving teaching and learning
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious about own career development
In return, as a member of the Quantock Education Trust, we can offer you:
- A personalised professional development programme
- An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other
- A caring ethos that inspires success for all
- Well motivated and enthusiastic learners
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A full programme of induction and support for new staff
- A culture of high expectation and professional standards
For an application pack, please go to: https://www.haygroveschool.co.uk/about-us/vacancies.htm
Closing date: noon on 28 February 2021
Interviews: w/c 8 March 2021
Early applications are strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate before the above dates.
The Quantock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Quantock Education Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This post is subject to relevant DBS checks, Right to Work in the UK and other pre-employment checks