Children & Families Operations East
37 hours per week
Salary: £44,961 per annum inclusive of £5,000 recruitment or retention allowance for up to 3 years
For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
A Team Manager position has arisen in the Assessment Team in the South Somerset area. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team which is on an improvement journey, is making good progress and is motivated and committed to maintaining momentum. You would be joining a supportive and dynamic management team. The post will be alongside other permanent, well established team managers and therefore we are keen to encourage aspiring team managers to apply. We are in a position to put in place a support package to enable experienced social workers, ready to step into management, the environment to develop successfully into the role.
About the job
You would be managing a team of social workers made up of a combination of experienced and newly qualified staff. The teams have a broad range of skills, are enthusiastic and supportive of each other and children are at the centre of our thinking. You would also have close working relationships with colleagues across the wider service to enable best outcomes and the achievement of the right permanence for children at the earliest opportunity.
This is a great career progression opportunity at a time of positive change in Somerset. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we would welcome an application from you. You will need to be Social Work Qualified and HCPC registered.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Richard Burrows on 01935 463560.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=505
Closing date: 31 March 2019
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.