37 hours per week – Job share will be considered
Salary: £45,760 per annum inclusive of £5,000 recruitment or retention allowance for up to 3 years
For more information on careers in social care at Somerset County Council visit our dedicated website: https://www.socialcareandmore.co.uk/
This is an exciting time for positive change in Somerset where innovative and creative thinking is valued. Somerset’s Fostering Service is dynamic and measures itself continuously against performance data.
About the job
The post entails managing supervising social workers in their support and supervision of foster carers to ensure safe and resilient placements for Children Looked After. This post, working closely with managers and teams across the service is crucial in improving further our ability to sustain permanent placements for children and drive improvement in permanence care planning for children we care for. In addition to the supervision of the team the post also involves chairing and recording meetings including foster carer reviews, placement support and strategy meetings when appropriate.
Experience and knowledge of the needs of Children Looked After and Fostering work are essential, as is a social work qualification. You will need to use data available to drive improvements positively within the team. You will need to demonstrate the child at the centre of your thinking, and be able to work closely and reflectively with colleagues and other partners to ensure excellent outcomes for children. You need to have strong leadership skills and be a good team player to work closely and creatively with the management team to ensure improvements in service delivery across the service. In return you will be well-supported in your role and in your career development, through training and supervision.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Matthew Randles on 07855282719.
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Apply online at https://secure1.somerset.gov.uk/careers/details.html?jobId=713
Closing date: 09 June 2019
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.