Children & Families Operations East
37 hours per week
Salary: £44,961 per annum inclusive of £5,000 recruitment or retention allowance for up to 3 years
A Team manager position has arisen in the Safeguarding Service in Yeovil covering the South Somerset area. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of a highly supportive and enthusiastic team on our journey to improvement. We offer fantastic training and development opportunities, quality supervision, Social Work caseloads averaging 14 children per full time worker and a favourable relocation package.
About the Job
You would be managing a team of up to 6 social workers made up of a combination of experienced and newly qualified staff. The teams have a broad range of skills, are enthusiastic and supportive of each other and children are at the centre of our thinking. You would also have close working relationships with colleagues across the wider service to enable best outcomes and the achievement of the right permanence for children at the earliest opportunity. You would have the opportunity to participate in county forums alongside other Team managers and receive the staff development which provides a range of career opportunities within Somerset.
This is a great career progression opportunity at a time of positive change in Somerset. If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, further details of the full job description and an application form can be found on www.socialcareandmore.co.uk website. You will need to be Social Work Qualified and HCPC registered.
Feel free to get in touch if you want more information, you can contact Richard Burrows on 07977 402293.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To download and submit an application form and job details, or to upload your CV and personal information form, please click Apply Now.
Job ref no: 10970/HC
Closing date: 24 February 2019