Salary is negotiable and competitive
‘Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.’ Benjamin Franklin
We want you to join our family orientated school. This close and supportive team are ready and keen to have another inspirational and innovative teacher join our small school. We are highly community focused and well supported by our rural community in return. The reputation of our outstanding first school is excellent and we want the very best staff to join us, as our children deserve it.
Cutcombe Church of England First School has two classes, and this role would be for a teacher 2 days per week to work closely with a colleague in sharing the responsibility for Class 2, years 3 & 4.
This fixed term position is from February half term (25th February) until 31st August 2019, but with a possibility that this may be extended and may become a permanent position in the future.
Our Church based ethos means we value kindness and equality, which is at the heart of all we do. We are looking for a candidate who will support and uphold these core values.
We are building our links and working collaboratively on transition and this is an exciting post for someone who has a passion for ensuring the children are best prepared for the next phase of their education.
We are looking for someone who will feel part of our Cutcombe family, share our vision and will enjoy working with us.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- A beautiful rural school with a supportive community
- A vibrant and forward thinking Federation in which to thrive
- Innovative CPD packages because we want to invest in you
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has the imagination to help develop our transition and enhance our curriculum for our older pupils working in partnership with colleagues
- Understands the importance of developing good relationships with pupils to enable them to feel safe to learn
- Someone who embraces the small school atmosphere, no job is too small or too great for anyone
- Is organised and has experience of teaching KS2
- Who can also make learning fun!
Please email Cutcombe@educ.somerset.gov.uk or call 01643841462 for more information or an application form.
Closing date: Friday 25th January
Interviews: Likely to be the 6th February